Easter Sunday, the kids woke to find these Easter goodies. Thankfully the Easter bunny realized that our dog cannot be trusted, so he left a big basket full of Easter eggs for us to use in an Easter egg hunt after Church, when we could lock the dog in someone's room -
away from temptation.

After reading several Easter posts, I think I'll ask the Easter bunny to bring our goodies on Saturday so that we can completely devote Sunday to a Christ-centered Easter celebration.
Why did I never think of that before?!
Our Easter celebration consisted of attending Church, where I sang in the choir. (Easter and Christmas are my favorite Sundays - I love singing in the choir and NOT having to sit with my kids during sacrament meeting. It's so much more peaceful when you're sitting with adults than with a 4 year-old and 6 year-old who still haven't learned how to sit reverently!)
I "got" to teach Peter's primary class because his teacher never showed up (Laura was without a teacher also, and Emily had a substitute). Thankfully the lesson I had prepared for the Young Women was perfect for a bunch of almost-8-year-old boys. I had brought along our Resurrection Eggs to help teach about Christ's Atonement, Crucifixion, and Resurrection. Happily, my lesson went over well both times that I taught it!
I'm posting the two pictures Shad took of the kids before Church started. (I'm so happy to see the blossoms popping up on trees all over the city.) I have to post both pictures because you need both of them if you want to actually see all of my children's eyes opened.


After church, the kids enjoyed an Easter egg hunt. Emily begged me to hide some of the eggs in "hard places" and so I did. It took quite a while for the kids to find all of the eggs, and some of them were only found after I started giving hints.
We watched the Church movie "The Testaments" together. It is a great movie! It shows portions of Christ's life and ministry among the Jews, as well as simultaneous events that were happening among the Nephites in the Americas. The movie culminates with the resurrected Christ appearing to the Nephites. Very powerful!
We had a great Easter dinner, of which I have no pictures! I love cooking big meals, but only do it for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We had ham with cherry sauce (warm up a can of cherry pie filling - it's fabulous, I promise!), funeral potatoes, honey-glazed carrots, Jeni's rolls, with Pistachio Striped Delight for dessert. Yum, yum!
Hope you had a great Easter, too!
1 comment:
We had funeral potato's as well, only Brandon dubbed them "dead potato's!" Don't you think that someone could come up with a better name for them?
Post a Comment