I found a fun blog where a question is posted every Friday that you answer on your blog every Tuesday.
The Self-Portrait question is one I have been musing about for a while now:
What do you turn to when you need
a quick "pick me up"?
I actually have quite a few "pick me ups" in my arsenal.
- Living vicariously through others (translation - reading other people's blogs) often cheers me up.

- Going for a fast-paced walk with some upbeat tunes on my iPod is a great way to help me get out of a funk. In fact, this works so well that I try to do this every day to avoid getting in a funk to begin with!
- I'm never happier than when I'm reading a good book. So when I'm feeling down, grabbing a good book is a great way to escape my life.

- Of course, eating chocolate always puts a smile on my face. (Unfortunately I don't have ANY chocolate in my house right now so I couldn't take a picture of me eating it! Bummer!)

- A few other pick me ups: snuggling with my dog (she's soft like my kids, but doesn't complain), drinking a mug of Swiss Miss hot chocolate, taking a nap, or calling a friend.
One way I have found to beat the blues is to always stay busy. If I have a minute to sit down and think, I might realize that things aren't as I'd like them to be. But if I'm busy, I never have time to let those thoughts sabotage my mood!
***What do you do when you need a pick me up?***

4 comments:
I'm feeling picked up after just reading your post!
Good things...Oh love the yummy looking treat!
I like all of your pick me ups--excellent choices! Trifles are divine yumminess.
welcome to spt!! the trifle looks divine. i'd definitely have to put on my sneakers after eating that!!
i'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blog!
Post a Comment