Sunday, February 03, 2008

Grateful Sunday

Last Sunday one of our sacrament speakers was sick. The Bishop opened up the remainder of the meeting to anyone who had a "talk" they wanted to give. I normally wouldn't be grateful for someone being sick or for an opportunity to speak in church, but I am grateful because I had a spiritual experience. I normally have a difficult time recognizing the Spirit in my life. Not that Sunday. It came and hit me right in the chest. It was very noticeable. I knew Heavenly Father wanted me to get up and speak. I ended up talking about Visiting Teaching, something of which I have a very strong testimony. What I said isn't what was important to me. Feeling the Spirit, recognizing the Lord's hand in my life, remembering that Heavenly Father is aware of me and where I am and what I'm doing - those are important to me and so I'm thankful that Bro. Christy was sick last Sunday!

No comments: