Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thief


We have a cocker spaniel named Felicia. We've had her for 2 1/2 years. She is the best dog a family could have. She loves kids (and I mean loves them - when I take her for a walk past the school bus stop, she tugs on the leash to try and reach the kids) and she loves us. She is as gentle as can be, patiently letting toddlers pull on her ears. Felicia and I have a nightly ritual. I sit in the chair (pictured below) and she jumps up and sits in my lap while I read.  I love this dog! My family loves this dog! But she has one tragic flaw...

she is a THIEF!

You might not believe it, looking into those sweet cocker spaniel eyes, but it's the truth. She steals food out of children's hands and jumps up on tables to steal food off of unattended plates.

Case in point - Laura had a friend over today. They started to eat lunch, but decided to go off and play half way through their sandwiches. I made the mistake of taking a potty break (why does all heck break loose when I'm in the bathroom?!) and the next thing I hear is Laura screaming Felicia's name. I run to see what is the matter and Laura tearfully accuses the dog of stealing her sandwich.  I wish I could have believed Felicia was innocent, but I'm on to that dog. And so another meal landed in Felicia's belly and on her ears - it was a honey sandwich :o(

What's that phrase: love the sinner but hate the sin? I think that applies here.


No comments: