Thursday, December 11, 2008
That Warm Fuzzy Feeling
Our book club met Wednesday to discuss the book Pictures of Hollis Woods. It is a sweet book about a girl who is a foster child. Last year for our December book club we each brought a book we liked (new or used) and played a round-robin type of game so that everyone went home with a different book than the one they had brought. I was trying to think of what we should do this year. In reading the book, I felt very sad for all of the children in this world who don't have a home where they are loved and appreciated. The girl in the story had never received a present for her birthday or for Christmas. I suggested that our book club members each bring a children's book that we could donate to the local foster agency. I also sent out an invitation to my kids' classmates to participate by sorting through their bookshelves and donating some of their gently used, read once - but won't ever read again, books. I am happy to report that tomorrow I will be dropping off 50 books at the foster agency! It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over to do something for kids who are in a sad situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats fabulous!!!
Post a Comment