Question (and I want responses, please):
How do you keep your house clean?
I am a lousy housekeeper. I hate cleaning, but I also hate living in a dirty house. I am a pack rat as well, so every horizontal surface in our house is covered with clutter. Shad and I have discovered that hosting events at our house is one of the few things that actually motivates us to clean. Emily had two friends over to play tonight and Shad and I spent about 4 hours cleaning before the girls arrived. We're pleased with the improvement, but know that the mess will be back within 24 hours. So, again I ask - how do you keep your house clean? Share your tips and secrets with a woman in need!
4 comments:
I have to change my definition of "clean." Clean is when I can walk accross the floor without stepping on something. It is when there are no dirty dishes in the sink, but clean on the other side. It is hiding the clutter in a box or a drawer so that my mother-in-law can't see it! I am so with you on this Windy, and of no help with your question. Let me know what you learn!
Add so many things to your life that you don't have time to clean. Then when you get to any semblance of clean you feel a lot better
Clean one thing every day. Handle each piece of paper only once...that means put it away or toss it. Hmmm...such great ideas, now if only I could implement them. We have the same motivator: company! Maybe once a week have company and then you know that the house will be clean every week?
Heather
some of my fav cleaning tips came from the flylady.net and her book shining your sink (or something like that) when I followed her tips, my house was great! I've been a little off track since then.. but the moving tips saved my life this last move, and I like her style (she also has spots for dinner suggestions and other good stuff.) The timer gets me motivated. If I can spend 15 good, solid minutes, it's amazing how much I can get done... good luck!
Post a Comment