Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grateful Sunday

I'm going to steal an idea from someone else's blog. Sunday will now be my day to post a list of things for which I am grateful.

I had some trivial things to list, but I just found out that President Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, passed away this evening.   



And so I must express my gratitude for this man. I have been in several meetings where President Hinckley spoke, at BYU, at the dedications of the St. Louis and Albuquerque temples, at a regional conference, and at a stake conference. Shad actually worked security for both the regional and stake conference. At BYU I worked as an usher at the Marriott Center and was able to observe Pres. Hinckley up close and personal on several occasions. 
  • I will always remember how tenderly he treated his wife. I hope to have that kind of loving relationship with my husband in my 80's!  I am grateful to know that families are forever and to know that right now Pres. Hinckley is with his beloved wife again. I bet he is so happy!
  • I am grateful for the temples that now dot the Earth (including one right here in Albuquerque) because of Pres. Hinckley's inspired vision. 
  • I am grateful for his optimism and his counsel to "enjoy the journey." 
  • I am so thankful for modern prophets and I know that our new prophet will be called of God. I am thankful that God loves the people on Earth today as much as he loved the Israelites and that He speaks to us through a living prophet.
  • I am grateful that I will be able to pray and receive my own confirmation from the Holy Ghost that Pres. Monson is Heavenly Father's choice to lead and guide His Church upon the Earth.

-Windy

No comments: