I truly hope that our intentions do count for something, as my results don't always turn out so well. Here are two examples:
First off, I made 2 bundt cakes for a baby shower I'm going to tomorrow. One of them sunk in the middle - now there's a moat running through the cake. I'm sure it will taste wonderful, but I had hoped it would look great too.
Secondly, a neighbor called me to ask for help. His wife had just taken their 2 month-old baby to the hospital with RSV. He was working on a film crew shooting a movie downtown and couldn't get away to pick up his 2 year-old son Rowen from daycare. So he asked me to get his son and let their dogs out. He told me the patio door was open and that's how I could get in to let the dogs out and to get diapers and stuff for his son. I had the 2 bundt cakes baking so I told him it would be an hour or so before I could pick up Rowen. No problem. While the cakes baked I ran next door and let the dogs out. I figured I'd leave the dogs outside for a while as they had been in their kennel all day. I went out through the front door and went to pick up Rowen. When I got home with Rowen, I ran next door to let the dogs back into the house. Unfortunately I had locked the patio door after I left the dogs in the backyard and ran into the house to get Rowen's stuff. So I was locked out, the dogs were locked out, and it was cold, cold, cold! I had to call my neighbor to see if he had a spare key hidden anywhere. He didn't - so I went down to where he was working to get his garage door opener. I meant well, but I have the feeling that my help might have caused more stress than it relieved.
1 comment:
Windy, it seems like ANYTIME we try to serve another something will backfire...why? I watch Owen, and possibly hold him too much...result: no time for myself. I wash Mike's work pants...result: they shrink. It happens to the best of us.
You do great at everything you do, and people appriciate ALL you do!!!
Post a Comment