Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back to School Blues

Usually parents are excited for school to start again. But at Family School, when school starts for the kids it starts for the parents as well.

Reasons why I'm already missing Winter Break:
  • having to wake up at 5:45 a.m. to exercise and shower before homeschool time with the kiddoes
  • trying to convince my children to get dressed before they come downstairs for breakfast - again
  • spending 45 minutes trying to convince my youngest two that they need to decide what they want for breakfast, and then finally having them decide 1 minute before it's time to start homework
  • realizing that my bright children aren't that bright after all - it's 30 degrees outside and they're wearing Crocs without socks!
  • arguing about doing homework
  • hearing the phrase "but I don't want to" at least 20 times before 8:00 a.m.
  • realizing that my kids would be geniuses if I actually did all of the extra things Family School asks parents to do and feeling guilty because I don't (and can't - it's impossible with 3 kids!)
  • wishing there were 30 hours in a day so that I could homeschool each child individually for 2 hours and still get 6  1/2 hours of sleep a night
  • knowing that complaining doesn't change a situation - but doing it anyways!
(Since Emily reads my blog, I must post this disclaimer - the above comments about uncooperative children do not apply to her.)

No comments: