Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday

Lelly's challenge for this week is:  

My Home, Sweet Home

This is the home I grew up in. My mom sold the house about 7 or 8 years ago and I hadn't been back to Kansas City since then. We took the family this summer and it was fun to see my old house again. Every time we've had to look for a house, I've always lamented the fact that no one builds houses like this in Albuquerque. It was just the right size for a family of 5.



When you walk into our house, 
one of the first things you see is this sign:


You know you're at my home when you see birdhouses. I have them lined up on top of my kitchen cabinets. I also LOVE my red wall! (Ignore the messy kitchen and just appreciate how realistic this post is!)


But, of course, it wouldn't be "Home Sweet, Home" without this:

9 comments:

Courtney said...

I love your red wall too! What fun and I am so glad that you took a realistic pic of the kitchen that every once in awhile is messy! What a great place for your family to be home!

Unknown said...

i love the birdhouses on top of your cabintets. i have some empty space up there...

Sarah said...

How nice that you got to take your kids to see the house you grew up in. That red wall is great!

Lene said...

I love your red wall. We have had a red wall in all of our houses. We just haven't figured out which wall to paint red in this one.

Rachael said...

In our last house we had a red wall that I loved but it was such a pain to paint. My husband swore we would never do another. Cute birdhouses!

Anonymous said...

I concur...love the red wall. cute post.

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Love the family name with the established date. I made one for my house last year.

Dacia said...

I love your family sign and the red wall!

The Christy Clan said...

When I was visiting family in ID. My bro. called the owner of the house we grew up in and asked if we could walk through it. It has been 16 years since living in that house and it was the coolest thing walking through and all the memories that flooded back. Some thing were the same but of course many changes. So when I saw the post of your childhood home I had to share my exp.