Tuesday, June 3rd the emblem of the land I love
Tuesday, June 10th the twilight's last gleaming
Tuesday, June 17th my home sweet home
Tuesday, June 24th stars and/or stripes forever
With Girls' Camp last week, I fell behind so here are the first 2 challenges:
The Emblem of the Land I Love

I love this country and so I think a heart-shaped flag is a perfect emblem for the USA. No matter what problems our nation has (and I do realize that we have plenty), I firmly believe that God presided over the founding of this country and that it will remain great as long as we do not turn our backs on Him.
The Twilight's Last Gleaming

I realize that this is not a patriotic photo (at least the author is American), but whenever I hear the word "twilight" I think of this awesome book. If you haven't read it, run to the library and get it! You'll stay up long past twilight to finish it - the first time I read it I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. to finish it.
13 comments:
that's too funny - i ran across that Twilight book jacket a zillion times in google and goodsearch. i've never read the book, though!
love the heart-shaped flag. i just bought our families 4th shirts for this year.
The Twilight book is the first thing I thought of too. It was incredibly good. I am just finishing the second one. My daughter has that same heart/flag shirt.
I will have to add that to my reading list. Perfect for this post.
I haven't read that one, but I love a great book that will keep you up 'till 2! Cute post.
Twilight resulted in the same word association for me, also.
Vampires and romance...definitely come to mind when heard the word, "twilight!" Are you one who is anxiously awaiting the movie? the 4th installment book?
Too funny! I also love the the flag in the shape of a heart...emblem of the land i love!
Love the Twilight series too... I also thought of that too.
That is a great book
It is the best book, isn't it? Gearing up for the new one? I sure am. Will be at B&N first thing.
I love the book series too!
SO glad that you did that photo- I wondered if there would be many references to it for this spt!
But was it gleaming?
You are the second to recommend it. Might have to check it out.
I finally got Earl to read it...and he says he has to read the others...haha!
that one is on the bedside table right now...I loved the others, so excited that there will be another one soon!
Post a Comment