Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday


Here's the second installment of the May wedding theme for
SPT : Something New!

I proudly present the NEWEST addition to my life:



My husband got me this NEW camera for Mother's Day! I'm so excited! My old camera died 3 months ago. Shad's camera is rather large and so I hate to take it places. It's also a VERY nice camera and so I hate to use it, for fear that I'll break it.

My NEW camera has all sorts of features - auto smile detection (won't take the shot until the subject is smiling), face recognition (it searches out my children's face to focus on if they're in a crowd), image stabilization (anti-shake technology), etc.  

One feature that will be pretty cool for Self-Portrait Tuesdays is the self-portrait mode! You put it in that mode. Point the camera at your face and push the shutter button down half-way. It won't take the shot until your head is all the way in the shot. Pretty cool! Here's a self-portrait I took (Laura decided she had to get in the photo too. None of us knew she had done that until we actually looked at the picture.)


Oh yeah - my new camera also takes videos. 

Here's what I found when I turned it on:



Gotta love Emily's plea for a puppy. 
However the answer is NO! 

That's one NEW thing I don't need in my life.

14 comments:

Warren said...

Hey, that's very cool! I'm starting to want a camera of my own, but I actually want one of those really big expensive ones! Glad you got what you wanted!

Rachael said...

I love the camera and how creative that they video taped their message to you!

Bren's Life said...

Love the camera. It looks so easy to take with you. My is big too & I've only had it a yr. So I feel guilty telling my husband I want something small to put in my purse...
Too cute - wanting a puppy..

Dacia said...

What a cool camera! I love the video that your famiy left for you, it's so sweet! I do love the plea for a puppy--hilarious!

Amber Grannis said...

Happy picture taking! And Happy Mother's Day! I love the color, too.

Melanie said...

wow! so small, and yet so many cool features. I love the camera congrats!

Jeanette said...

What a cool camera! I want one. And the puppy comment was too funny.

Courtney said...

OH please get them a puppy!!! Just kidding...that was so cute! I love your something new...what fun figuring out a new camera!

Alisa said...

How fun! And I agree about the puppy-
I too would not want that "new" thing either!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new camera! I'm lucky Katie hasn't figured out how to ask for a puppy yet. A toddler and a new baby are all I can handle (sort of) right now. Cute video!

kristib said...

I'm so jealous! We have a nice camera, but I want one that is small enough to carry with me so that I don't miss the spontaneous stuff that always happens when I don't have my camera!

The Monkeys said...

How very fun! I love your husbands forethought on that one- even recorded you a message. I love my little elph to go all over the place- so much easier than the big camera. enjoy!

Unknown said...

you will have so much fun with your new camera!!

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

LOVE that camera! What kind is it?