Emily came home from school Monday complaining that her head hurt. The next morning she woke up with a sore throat, an earache, and a 101.5 degree temperature. We got an appointment for her to see a pediatrician 45 minutes before her already-scheduled visit to the podiatrist that afternoon. The pediatrician diagnosed her with Strep throat. That visit, without insurance, would have cost $196. She was given a prescription for antibiotics that would have cost $93.71 without insurance.
We walked down the hall to the other end of the medical building to meet with the podiatrist. Thankfully, Emily's ankle is not broken. She has a level 2 sprain (whatever that means). She needs to continue wearing her air brace and elevating her ankle until Monday, but after that she should be able to go back to "normal" life. That visit would have cost us another $196 if we didn't have insurance.
Thankfully we do have insurance and those 2 doctors bills and the prescription only added up to $50, otherwise I would have had to shell out $485.71!
Unfortunately, Emily was happy to share germs with her sweet mother and now I have strep too!
One of these days everyone is going to be healthy again, and I can use the money for doctors' visits on a new camera, so that I can include pictures with my posts!
2 comments:
oh you poor things! that sucks! I currently dont have any medical for myself of my kids (since my ex is now out of the military) so they have to be on their deathbeds before I will take them to the dr.
I am sorry that you are sick. Can I help in anyway? Call me if you need anything.
Post a Comment