Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Last night a storm blew into Albuquerque. My kids were so excited when they woke up this morning to snow on the ground. Of course, this is Albuquerque and so it was only 1/2 an inch of snow. (Albuquerque experienced a Blizzard (or two) of the Century last winter - while we were stuck in Houston. We were sad to miss it.)


School was put on a 2-hour delay due to the road conditions and then it was cancelled outright. Peter and Laura spent an hour in the snow in our backyard. Poor Emily was in bed with a cold, so she missed out on the fun.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Congratulations on your big snow storm. I was just telling someone today how much I miss Albuquerque after all of the snow here in Salt Lake. Yesterday (Tuesday) we also got a big storm. I was in Sandy and had to get back to our house in Murray- the usual 15 minute drive turned into a very long 45 minutes- hope your kids enjoyed their snow day! Debra Smith