Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday


I scream. You scream. We all scream for ICE CREAM - 
the final element of summer in Lelly's SPT challenge!

It was my birthday yesterday (35 - sigh) and to celebrate we went to Cold Stone Creamery. If you don't know what Cold Stone is, you're missing out. It's an ice cream parlor where you choose your ice cream flavor and some goodies and they mix it all together on a marble slab right in front of you. It's really yummy!

It's rather pricey, so we save it for special occasions. Cold Stone has a birthday club where you get a free Love It signature creation on your birthday.  Go here to check it out.

For my creation, I chose "The Pie Who Loved Me" - I substituted cake batter ice cream (my favorite Cold Stone flavor) for the cheesecake ice cream. They mix in fudge, Oreo's, and graham cracker pie crust crumbs. The only thing they could add to make it closer to my ideal would be brownies - but that might be too much of a good thing.
 

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

13 comments:

Rachael said...

There is nothing better than Cold Stone! I love that place!

Chris said...

Mmmmm Cold Stone. I do the chocolate with peanut butter and peanut butter cups.

Diamomd said...

I love their Chocolate icream with anything in it. But I do agree with Chris thier Chocolate Peanut Butter signiture ice cream is fantastic!

Windy said...

My husband always gets the chocolate with peanut butter and peanut butter cups! It's his favorite.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, cold stone. love that place. We only go with a coupon though!

My fav...pb choc

Lene said...

Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Cold Stone is my favorite. I always get chocolate with raspberries. On Monday nights it is kids eat free, and we have a coupon that never expires for buy one get one free, so our whole family can have Cold Stone for $4. It is great.

me said...

Happy happy Birthday! I hope thet you had a fun day!

I have't tried the one that you mentioned. I think that I will have to. We always go to Cold Stone after we got to the Temple. Two wonderful treats in one night.

Courtney said...

YUMMY good stuff! We don't do cold stone often enough...pricey, but delish! Happy Birthday...the best people are born in JULY!

Rebekah said...

i went to maggie moos the other day and basically had them make me rocky road. i always feel like that's such a cop-out at a place like that.

MaryRC said...

Well happy birthday. Don't fret 35, when you turn 36 you'll forget how old you are.. :-) at least i did..

Unknown said...

happy birthday!! ice cream always makes for a great birthday celebration.

we don't have cold stone here. i have a feeling i am really missing out...

The Monkeys said...

love cold stones! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday- and 35's not so bad. You could be 36! :)