Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday


Lelly came up with an awesome set of SPT challenges for July:

"to help channel our personal chi, let's take time this month to focus on the 5 elements of summer: sun, water, shade, grass and ice cream!!"

This week the focus is on SUN!

Living in New Mexico, I see plenty of sun. Albuquerque boasts an average of 310 days of sunshine a year! There's so much sun, that our airport is called the Sunport.


Our state flag consists of a Zia sun symbol.


Here's a self-portrait of me in front of my old street sign. In case you've never tried, it is really hard to take a picture of yourself and get the top of street sign in the same shot!


So here's a shot my daughter took.


We used to live on Flor del Sol street.


- which means Flower of the Sun,
AKA Sunflower!


7 comments:

Courtney said...

I love learning about your flag! Who knew? What great street to live on...sunflower! Great spt!

Unknown said...

very clever. glad your daughter was around to help you with the photo!

Amber Grannis said...

I didn't know that about the New Mexico state flag...very cool! Glad to see Shad and the kids got that model rocket kit. Be sure to post pics of the launch!! :)

Rhonda said...

Sis in law in ABQ! Love the signs and the flag information. Love NM too. My grandmother grew up in Silver City. Like I have mentioned on a few other of the SPT contributers... I am SO missing my western roots. (Tucson)

The Monkeys said...

Thanks for the spanish lesson. I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise. I keep telling myself I will learn, but haven't quite done it yet! I have to admit, I do a lot of take my Self portrait for me's!

Sarah said...

Once again I have learned something new on SPT day. That is a lot of suns.

Bren's Life said...

I never knew any of that about New Mexico.. Learn something new...