We are having quite the rainstorm right now. I'm really glad, because Albuquerque always needs more rain. The street in front of our house is completely flooded, water covering the entire surface of the road from one curb to the opposite curb. For a while, the rain was coming down in sheets. It's too dark outside, so I can't take any photos, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the lightning flashes and the thunder. I love the sound of thunder - I wonder why.
Sadly, not everyone shares in my pleasure. Peter came downstairs to grab some huge headphones (like the kind air traffic controllers wear) so that he could block out the thunder. Hopefully he won't get hearing loss from turning up his iPod loud enough to drown out the thunder.
3 comments:
My kids threw a fit when I made them come in from the rain and lightning storm.
So funny, because I am STILL petrified of thunder and lightning. I still wish I could go sleep on the floor in Mom's room until it goes away. And we can get some real doozies of thunderstorms out here!
It really was an impressive storm last night! Pretty amazing. Maggie slept through it. Also amazing.
Post a Comment