Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grateful Sunday

I'm grateful for finding a delicious, quick breadsticks recipe over at Chez Moi. It went perfectly with what would otherwise have been a rather boring dinner (leftovers). I'm also grateful because I LOVE Little Caesar's crazy bread and this recipe is as close as you can come to crazy bread without driving across town to Little Caesar's.

Here's the recipe, but do yourself a favor and go to Recipes Chez Moi for some other fabulous recipes.


1 1/4 c. warm water
1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 - 3 1/2 c. flour (I only used 2  3/4 cups)
1/4 c. melted butter
garlic salt/parmesan cheese

Proof the yeast. Mix sugar, salt, and 2 1/2 c. flour. Add yeast mixture and stir to form dough. Add more flour if needed -- it's better to be on the stickier side. Let dough rest 10 minutes.

Put half of melted butter in a jelly roll pan. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and then press into pan. Brush with remaining butter. Cut dough into long strips with a pizza cutter and then, depending on how many breadsticks you need, cut your strips into halves or thirds. Sprinkle with parmesan and garlic salt. Let rest another 10 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Diamomd said...

I made these tonight and they were a hit with the whole family!!!