Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grateful Sunday

Even though it has only been a week since I last blogged, it feels as if it has been a month. Life has been so hectic lately, and it only promises to get worse as the school year races towards a close. In all of the rush and insanity that makes up my life, I am grateful for those who help me to do all the many things that I manage to do.

This Sunday I'm particularly grateful for my two counselors in the Young Women presidency. Our ward was assigned to host a stake youth dance last night. We decided to have a St. Patrick's Day theme for the dance, since it is so close to that holiday. My first counselor, Becky, helped do the legwork to find the best price for a cake to serve as refreshments. The three of us cut out about 100 shamrocks to use as decorations. We decorated the cultural hall for the dance, served cake, and chaperoned. 

While planning this dance, we were also in charge of finding out prices for food to be served at next month's Youth Conference. My second counselor, Leslie, called a myriad of pizza places, trying to find out which restaurant would offer us the best deal on pizza for the conference's first dinner.

I am so grateful that Becky and Leslie support me. They've attended meetings when I couldn't (or when I felt it was more important for me to stay home with my family than to attend yet another meeting). They teach amazing lessons that fill the room with the Holy Ghost. They befriend the young women in our ward and set such a great example for me of willingness to serve. They have the sweetest testimonies. I am so lucky to get to work with them!

I also must mention how grateful I am for my husband's support of my calling as Young Women president. My calling keeps me busy, but he never complains about how much I need to do. He runs the kids here and there when I can't because I need to be with the Young Women. Last night, after only having slept for about 5 hours, he helped me set up for the dance and then stayed with me to chaperone. He spent more time at that dance than he did sleeping yesterday! He even took the first hour off of work so that he could help me until the entire dance was over and the building cleaned up!

I could not function as Young Women's president if it were not for the love and support of my husband and my two counselors. I am truly blessed!

No comments: