I ache all over today because I am pushing myself to get ready for a test with APD. There is a "Search and Rescue" division that is starting up and they are selecting members based on their abilities to perform physical tasks and also based on some critical thinking skills. I ran today until I nearly threw up. Rough start to my day!!
Later I went to help my mother install some lighting in her back yard. It was a little bit technical and as I finished the job I found myself driving home thinking that I am truly blessed. I mean, I have had a lot of really great opportunites to sit with people and learn some really great skills. I don't pretend to know it all, but I sure can fake it when it comes to a lot of things. The best part is sharing those skills for the benefit of others. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but just the other week, a friend and I were able to climb on the roof of a sister in our ward and help her by re-roofing her patio roof. She was blessed and I was happy to make a small deposit to pay her back for all of the wonderful things that she has done for our family over the years.
The Lord really blesses us when we use the gifts that he has given us to bless others.
-Shad
No comments:
Post a Comment